Launch of the South Yorkshire Region Excellence Centre
Wednesday, 01 February 2017 13:20
Over 80 healthcare employers and training providers (from across health and social care) attended the launch of the South Yorkshire Region Excellence Centre on Thursday 12 January 2017.
Our fantastic business admin teams (pictured below) were on-hand to ‘skilfully assist’ and ‘shepherd’ the delegates, and ensure the launch was also digital, with a high volume of ‘tweeting’! (#syrexctr)
The opening address was given by Candace Miller, Director, National Skills Academy for Health. Pictured below receiving the Plaque from Candace (in the centre), on behalf of the Excellence Centre Delivery Group are Linda Crofts (on the left), Head of Learning and Development, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Sam Debbage (on the right), Deputy Director of Education, Doncaster and Bassetlaw NHS Foundation Trust.
There were formal presentations and workshops including an update summary and overview of the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw (SYB) Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) and South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Local Workforce Action Board (SYB LWAB), from Kevan Taylor, Chief Executive, Sheffield Health and Social Care Foundation Trust and co-chair of the SYB LWAB, followed by an insight into the workforce challenges facing primary care and view of how the Excellence Centre would help to support this and future developments, from Ben Jackson, Chair, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Primary Care Workforce Group.
Linda Crofts, Head of Learning and Development, from the host Trust, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, presented an overview of the ambition and six priority workstreams for the Excellence Centre. Each Workstream Lead is a representative from the South Yorkshire Region community of health and social care and also a member of the Excellence Centre Delivery Group.
- Develop an Excellence Centre Apprenticeship Strategy (Workstream Lead: Helen Thomas, Rotherham General Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Implementation of the Care Certificate consistently across the Excellence Centre (Workstream Leads: Sue Sparks/Andrea Porritt, Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust)
- Develop the Excellence Centre Hub (Workstream Leads: Brian Burke & Ben Sewell, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Develop care pathways across primary and social care (Workstream Lead: Karen Milner, Doncaster Council)
- Support the development of the Primary Care Strategy (Workstream Leads: Louise Berwick & Sanni Khan, Advanced Training Practices in Primary Care)
- Facilitate partnership working with Colleges, Universities and other training providers (Workstream Lead: Sam Debbage, Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS Foundation Trust)