Mentoring people in a healthcare setting
A member of staff can often take several months to learn the ropes in a new role. During this time, the impact on an organisation can be significant.
In these circumstances a skilled mentor can prove invaluable, greatly accelerating a member of staff’s progress by providing an expert point of reference and planning and supporting their development.
Like coaching, mentoring can improve performance and support learning and development, but the latter works by transferring knowledge and skills from the mentor to the mentee.
This one-day workshop introduces you to the role of the mentor and develops the key skills that allow you to undertake this role effectively.
Key aims and outcomes
- Define the role and responsibilities of a mentor
- Explain what people need from a mentor
- Demonstrate the key skills needed to be an effective mentor
- Apply a range of tools to plan and carry out the mentoring process
- Effectively mentor an individual in your field of expertise
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who wants to understand the mentoring role and help less experienced members of staff become fully effective in their role.