Skills development support at a local level
Save time and resources with support from one of our Excellence Centre Coordinators who can help you to set up and run apprenticeship, adult learning and pre-employment programmes. They will also identify the best development courses for your needs – and direct you to funding opportunities and local quality-assured learning providers.
Are you thinking of hiring an apprentice, but aren't sure where to start?
Your Excellence Centre Coordinator can provide you with free information, advice and guidance on all aspects of employing apprentices within the healthcare sector. Whether you want to attract new talent, re-skill existing staff or tackle skills shortages, they will answer all your questions and help you identify which apprenticeship programmes would benefit your organisation the most.
Excellence Centre Coordinators advise on funding and grants to help stretch your training budget and can help you secure the best training provision through our network of quality assured providers.
Support with skills development across your organisation
In addition to providing specific support on apprenticeships, Excellence Centre Coordinators also help employers by:
- Identifying and facilitating access to funding opportunities
- Offering appropriate programmes, events and activities around priority skills development areas
- Providing practical support for local programmes and initiatives and improving the availability and quality of education and learning provision across the region
- Providing information, advice and guidance on the structure, benefits and implementation of skills development opportunities for the support workforce
- Ensuring that local information feeds into strategic planning and national developments
- Supporting local learning hubs and other models that encourage effective working partnerships between health employers, schools, colleges and other education providers
- Facilitating effective engagement with local schools and colleges to improve the value of careers information, advice and guidance provided at local levels