Learning and development programmes
Led by health and social care experts, our sector-leading training programmes and workshops provide participants with practical tools to enable them to make positive, lasting changes in their day-to-day work.
Do you have the right knowledge and skills in your organisation to carry out Care Certificate assessments? Our interactive Care Certificate assessor workshops provide assessors with the knowledge, confidence and practical tools to successfully undertake their role and make clear and consistent assessment decisions.
The Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit provides a cost-effective solution to develop the skills of Care Certificate assessors to enable them to effectively deliver the learning required for the Care Certificate and to assess effectively against the learning outcomes.
Are you undertaking Care Certificate assessments? Would you like the opportunity to standardise your assessment decisions with colleagues across the sector? During our interactive Care Certificate assessment standardisation webinars, attendees will have the opportunity to review, assess and discuss decisions made about a selection of pre-released assessment examples. These sessions help to ensure that organisations and individuals are making reliable, valid and consistent assessment decisions.
Our leadership and management development programmes are designed to address the day to day challenges team leaders, supervisors and managers face in the health sector, focusing on equipping them with the leadership skills they need to lead and enable staff to deliver good quality services.
Hosted and administered by the National Skills Academy for Health, Skills for Health’s e-learning courses provide a flexible solution that makes it easy for your organisation to fulfil all of the latest statutory and mandatory training requirements - helping you to maintain a safe, competent and legally compliant workforce.
From learning how to resolve conflicts to mentoring people, our one-day workshops all share the same ambition: to tackle today’s biggest healthcare workforce issues, whilst enhancing the quality, support and consistency of patient care nationwide. Our one-day workshops are available as in-house training days and include:
- Developing a value-based culture in healthcare
- Patients as leaders
- Getting the best from your people
- Enhancing dementia awareness in your organisation
- Conflict resolution
- Coaching skills to improve patient outcomes
- Mentoring people in a healthcare setting
- Challenging the silo mentality
- Working with others to develop and deliver integrated care strategies
Bespoke training and support
Have something else in mind? If the programmes listed above don’t quite meet your needs, we can develop bespoke training designed around your organisation’s specific requirements.
We can support you in a number of ways:
- Learning needs analysis - We can identify learning needs in a range of organisational areas, prioritising key activities to improve performance and patient outcomes.
- Solution design - Working backwards from identified outcomes, we can develop practical learning activities that will help participants in your organisation achieve these outcomes
- Delivery and evaluation - We have a team of skilled and experienced facilitators who will work with you to see that your organisation’s training day meets the specific needs of your audience. We can also evaluate programmes and workshops, helping you to measure their effectiveness and plan future activity
- Services to suit you - We can carry out all of these services on your behalf – or we can work with you to arrange as much or as little as you need
Find out more