Enhancing dementia awareness in your organisation
Dementia is fast becoming one of the biggest challenges faced by the health and care sectors today.
Organisations are increasingly aware of the need to provide the right care for people with dementia and the importance of recognising the many ways that dementia can manifest itself. It’s also crucial to know how to treat someone with dementia appropriately and respectfully.
This one-day workshop raises awareness of the most common types of dementia and provides an insight into the challenges that a person with dementia may face when accessing your organisation’s services.
We will also show you what you can do to make sure your organisation or service is dementia friendly.
Key aims and outcomes
- Recognise the different signs of dementia
- Understand and describe how a person with dementia might feel
- Respond appropriately to a person displaying the signs of dementia
- Identify practical steps to help your organisation or service become more dementia friendly
- Know where to go to for additional dementia support and advice
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who wants to learn how to recognise the signs of dementia and develop the ability to treat people with dementia appropriately and sensitively.