The greatest assets in the healthcare sector are its people – specifically, their commitment to patient care, knowledge, skills and diversity.
It is this diversity of ideas, experiences and values than can, on occasion lead to conflict.
However, this conflict doesn’t have to result in negative outcomes. The diversity of people allows for challenge, reflection and review and can pave the way to improve existing practices, patient outcomes and the ways in which we treat people.
Effectively managing and resolving conflicts between people is key to achieving these outcomes. It not only prevents or mitigates the negative effects associated with conflict, but also actively promotes and improves working relationships and the skills and capabilities of those involved.
This one-day workshop helps you to deal with conflict effectively, while achieving positive outcomes.
Key aims and outcomes
- Recognise different types of conflict that can occur in the workplace
- Explain the main causes of conflict in the workplace
- Explain the impact that conflict can have on people
- Identify desired outcomes in conflict situations
- Apply a range of tools and strategies to resolve conflicts effectively
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone with management or leadership responsibility within health and care sectors who would like to improve their ability to constructively manage conflict in the workplace.