Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit
The Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit provides a cost-effective solution to develop the skills of Care Certificate assessors.
Enabling assessors to effectively deliver the learning required for the Care Certificate and to assess effectively against the learning outcomes, the toolkit contains the following useful resources for 13 of the 15 Care Certificate standards:*
- Knowledge Assessment Booklet - Helps you to ask your staff the right questions to be able to assess their understanding against the knowledge outcomes of each standard
- Witness Testimony Template - Provides assessors or expert witnesses with a template to evaluate an individual's performance against the competence outcomes of each standard
- Evidence Record Sheet - Provides employers, learners and assessors with an auditable tracking document and record of achievement. This will help learners and assessors to be able to identify any gaps and plan future learning and assessment opportunities
- Example Activity - Each standard includes an illustration of the type of activity that could be used as part of a development programme
*The Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit covers 13 of the 15 Care Certificate standards - the two exceptions being 'Safeguarding children' and 'Basic life support'. Witness statements are not included for the 'Awareness of mental health, learning disability and dementia' standard as these are not a requirement of the standard.
Free Privacy and Dignity chapter download
To enable you to try the toolkit, you can download the chapter on the 'Privacy and Dignity' standard completely free of charge. Click here to download your sample standard from the Skills Platform website.
Who is the toolkit for?
The toolkit it is designed for:
- Care Certificate Assessors
- Learning and development managers
- HR managers
- Managers wishing to further their understanding of the Care Certificate
- Anyone responsible for ensuring Care Certificate completion and standardisation
The Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit costs £25 (including VAT) and can be purchased online via the Skills Platform:
If you have any questions about the Care Certificate learner assessment toolkit, please email: [email protected] Alternatively, you can call a member of the team on 0207 391 7173 to discuss your requirements in more detail.