Rehabilitation assistant training
This new programme, available to purchase and deliver under licence, will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to become valued and effective rehabilitation assistants.
The workshop is designed for people who will become rehabilitation assistants, people who are keen to be involved closely with patient care from both a nursing and therapeutic stand point.
The programme may also be useful to anyone with overall responsibility for implementing the staffing of rehabilitation assistants, physiotherapy assistants or health care support workers within a health and/or care setting.
What’s included in the programme?
By purchasing a license to deliver the programme you will receive a learning and development toolkit that includes detailed lesson plans, a facilitator’s guide and a full suite of presentations and quizzes to help reinforce learning.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to explain:
- The role they are taking up
- The expected outcomes from implementing what they’ve learnt
- The patient group they are targeting
- The interventions they have available to them to achieve the desired outcomes
- The principles of rehabilitation
- What statutory and mandatory responsibilities they have both clinically and from a corporate perspective
Who can purchase a licence?
The training programme is licensed by the National Skills Academy for Health and available exclusively through our Excellence Centres and delivery partners. Licences will only be awarded to organisations that are Quality Mark assured and who have demonstrated their commitment to quality and meeting the needs of the healthcare sector.
Benefits of purchasing a licence
By purchasing a licence to deliver the Rehabilitation Assistant workshop, organisations can access a range of benefits including:
- The confidence that you are using a package of quality assured training resources, prepared and tested by healthcare sector training experts
- National marketing and promotion by the Academy, directing enquiries exclusively to licence holders
- An easy mechanism for managing sales and recruiting learners to your courses via the Academy supported Skills Platform
- The knowledge that your training is always up-to-date. If any aspects of the workshop change during the period of the licence, we will provide you with updated course materials
From a facilitator’s perspective, the programme contains many useful teaching resources and helpful tips for effective programme delivery. It also provides the opportunity for the facilitator to further develop their facilitation skills and incorporate a range of different learning approaches to ensure their training programmes are fully inclusive and meet differing learner needs.