The Apprenticeship Levy – are you ready?
The government is introducing an apprenticeship levy on 06 April 2017 to fund an increase in the number and quality of apprenticeships. The levy will be paid by all private and public sector employers in the UK with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million. Is your organisation levy ready?
Levy paying employers will be able to use the money collected to pay for training for apprentices via a new Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account.
It’s crucial that organisations understand how the levy will impact them and begin preparations to access their available funding to ensure they don’t miss out. For many employers, this will mean a complete review and reassessment of their apprenticeship strategy.
How we can help you
Working with our Skills for Health colleagues, the National Skills Academy for Health offers you in-depth support, information, advice and guidance to help your organisation ready for the levy and ensure you don’t miss out on critical funding:
Strategy and preparation
- Developing a sustainable apprenticeship strategy
- Apprenticeship delivery design
- Completion reporting and benchmarking
Implementation and delivery
- Capability and capacity building
- Implementation support
- Brokerage support - working internally to increase apprenticeship opportunities
- Information, advice and guidance via face-to-face and advice line services
- Fully managed apprenticeship service
- Apprentice employment via the Academy’s Apprenticeship Training Agency
- Qualifications, awards and end-point assessment (EPA)
Find out more